Immigration Medical Exam in South Philly, PA
AFC Urgent Care Clinic Provides a USCIS Civil Surgeon Doctor who Conducts I-693 Immigration Physicals in South Philly, PA
Please call to make an appointment.
Not every primary care physician is certified to give an immigration physical, and patients needing one are generally directed elsewhere. Instead of waiting for days or weeks for an appointment slot to become available, come to AFC Urgent Care South Philly today. Our urgent care center provides Immigration Physicals to our neighbors in the Philadelphia area who need one for their citizenship, Permanent Residency, or for a Green Card. We have USCIS Designated Civil Surgeons on staff that can administer this specialized physical that is needed for a variety of immigration services.
A board-certified physician at AFC Urgent Care South Philly will administer the required immigration physical according to mandated guidelines. These guidelines come from the Centers for Disease Control, U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services, and the Department of Homeland Security. These guidelines are mandatory for immigration or employers who hire employees from another country. Our civil surgeon will record the results of the exam on Form I-693 so patients can return it to the USCIS (INS). At our location in South Philly, Immigration Physicals are generally available every Wednesday, Thursday, and every other Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. However, we do ask that you call ahead and make an appoint at 215-964-9250. We want to be able to serve you promptly and answer any questions you may have.
Medical services needed to pass the exam:
- Physical Examination and completion of all the necessary paperwork.
- RPR (Syphilis test) – required for applicants 15 years or older, and possibly younger if determined by the physician.
- Evaluation of other Physical or Mental abnormality, disease, or disability.
- Vaccinations and status verification.
- Administration of approved and needed vaccinations.
- Chest X-Rays if needed, as determined by the TB Test.
- Gonorrhea test. (As of 2016).
- Tuberculosis Blood Test (T-Spot.) Please do not receive any new vaccines at least four weeks before receiving this test. Please call our center for additional details.
- From October 1st to April 1st, you will need a flu shot.
Patients are advised to bring the following to their appointment:
- Valid, government-issued picture ID, such as a driver’s license, passport, green card, or military identification.
- Any medical records, including proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious diseases, and any previous chest x-rays. If necessary, medical records must be translated into English. Visit the USCIS website for more information on Tuberculosis Screening Information.
- Immunization records. Visit the USCIS website to learn more about Vaccination Requirements.
- Any mental health records
- An immigration physical form I-693.
Cost For The Medical Exam: The cost of our immigration physicals is much lower than most other locations in the Philadelphia area. Our urgent care center also administers these specialized physicals on a regular basis, and therefore our doctors and staff have a lot of experience in this area. This means you will be getting experienced and exceptional care at a reasonable price.
Prices are as follows:
- $175 for Physical & filing the paperwork
- $50 for RPR
- $80 for T-Spot
- $75 for Chest X-ray (if needed)
Additional fees for vaccines as required.
- $89 for Gonorrhea Test
- $35 Flu Shot
After The Exam: When an immigration physical examination is completed, our doctors at AFC Urgent Care South Philly will certify Form I-693. This certification will include the results of any required tests and vaccination history. We will prepare a sealed envelope for you to hand over to the Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services along with your immigration application. Do not open this envelope. Copies of these forms and any test results will be provided to you for your records. It will take 7 to 10 days for our clinic to complete these forms and will contact you when they are ready to be picked up.
Additional Services You May Need
- Poison Ivy Diagnosis and Treatment
- Ringworm Treatment
- Sports Injuries Treatment
- Sports, School, and Camp Physicals
- Sore Throat Treatment
- Sprains, Strains, and Broken Ankles
- STD Testing
- Tick Bite Treatment
- Travel Medicine and Travel Vaccinations
- Workers Compensation
- X-Ray Services
- Yearly Physical Exams