Children’s Urgent Care and Walk-In Clinic in South Philly, PA
AFC Urgent Care South Philly Offers Walk-in Clinic Medical Services to Children of All Ages
At AFC Urgent Care South Philly, we offer a variety of services available on a walk-in basis. No appointment is ever needed to see one of our doctors. We are not only here for adults, but our doctors are available for pediatric urgent care as well. Located at 1444 W. Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19145 we are often the first choice for parents in the Newbold and Passyunk Square neighborhoods when their primary care physician is unavailable. Don’t wait days for your regular doctor to have an opening in their schedule and avoid the long waits and high costs of hospital emergency rooms and visit our walk in urgent care center today.
You’ll find our board certified physicians display the utmost professionalism and compassion while diagnosing and treating your children. We realize that visiting a strange building and talking to a stranger can be quite overwhelming for your littlest ones. We strive to get you in and out of our facility quickly with as little stress as possible. It is our goal to relieve not only your children’s symptoms but to make this a very inviting place for you both.
We are open 7 days a week with extended hours during the weekday. Our weekend hours make us a very convenient choice for parents with a busy work schedule. We think you should fit us into your schedule and not the other way around. Our hours combined with our no appointment policy have earned us many positive reviews from our neighbors. We are a community resource for the South Philadelphia neighborhoods and we look forward to serving everyone in the City of Brotherly Love.
We participate with these major insurance carriers:
- All Out of Area Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plans*
- AmeriHealth, AmeriHealth Administrators
- Coventry Health (Health Assurance, Health America)
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of PA and Federal Plans
- Independence Blue Cross (Personal Choice, Keystone Health Plan East, HMO and POS)
- Independence Administrators
- MultiPlan & PHCS Networks
- United Healthcare (Great West, Golden Rule, Oxford)
- United Healthcare Community
- Worker’s Compensation Insurances
*Certain plans will not have any out of state/area benefit coverage.
We do not participate in Medicaid plans at this time.
Some common ailments we see with pediatric urgent care.
- Abdominal Pain
- Bleeding from a cut or fall injury
- Symptoms of a broken bone
- Ear pain
- Eye irritation
- Fever (Children under 1 year old with prolonged fever over 102 degrees should go to their
- pediatrician or the hospital)
- Skin rashes
- Sore throat
- Urinary burning
- Vomiting, diarrhea and dehydration
It can be very stressful for the entire family to see a child suffer from an illness or injury. Get immediate care today at AFC Urgent Care South Philly. Our highly experienced doctors will help you and your little one feel better. We can treat a variety of nonlife threatening conditions. We look forward to serving you soon in Philadelphia. Questions? Call our friendly staff.
Formerly AFC Doctors Express